Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Autumn Approaching

It’s nearly September!  Can you believe it??


Each morning I’m awakened by the sound of the school buses driving through the neighborhood and each evening I’m welcomed home by the pots of mums on my front porch  :)  I went shopping yesterday for art supplies for my son and came home with boxes of Crayola crayons (just 25¢ a box right now at Walmart!) and pads of paper. It brought back such fond memories browsing through the aisles of school supplies! Just for the heck of it, I treated myself to an old-fashioned composition notebook :)

Don’t you just love this time of year?!?

3 comments:

  1. I do just love this time of year!!! I love to go school supply shopping. It was so different this year for me. Our youngest is going into Jr. High School, then we have one in University and one in grade 11. The school supply lists dwindle at that point. I need to just smell a box of new Crayola's. Ummmm, love that smell!!!

    Really looking forward to lots of "cute little things" Judy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year, too! For me it is like the New Year's Eve of school... the anticipation, the new teacher, a clean school... all this adds up to a wonderful thing called SCHOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love fall but this year not so much especially since we really didn't have summer here in my neck of the woods.

    Kids are back in school already for almost 3 weeks here so it is lonely too. One is a sophmore this year, one is in second grade and I am doing preschool with babydoll here at home.

    I am so excited you have a blog I can follow on now. I have tried for the life of me to find your email to see if I could have followed you on the other one but my address book lost all when my computer crashed and burned. But alas Terri led me here with her post.

    So glad to see you again and follow. Hope all is well on your end.

    Right now we are busy with an Oct wedding coming in our household for Andy and Holly so it is taking up all my spare time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!