Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Cookies

My son and I made these adorable cookies for his daycare friends from Family Fun last night...cute little marshmallow pilgrim's hat cookies.  Really simple to do (although I had to dip the marshmallows because you have to go quickly and the chocolate is hot, but he helped gather the ingredients and enjoyed watching the hats come together). 





He proudly carried them in this morning as his little friends, Oooed and Ahhhed over their chocolately snack!  I think they'd look darling on the kids table at your Thanksgiving dinner!  It's a great way to focus on the holiday on the historical aspect of its origins, as well.






Tonight I'm planning to start on my turkey-shaped cake for the buffet.  While that's baking, I'm going to get out all of my glassware, silverware, dinnerware, platters, etc...and clean and polish everything. I bought some pretty crackled pearlescent amber glasses at Pier 1 Imports that I think will look lovely this year:










And some super cute large acorns to scatter on the table...






I always want to go through my table linens and make sure everything's ready to go. The turkey's been in the fridge for a few days thawing (I hope everyone remembered to take theirs out by now!)  The dining room has been thoroughly cleaned.  The groceries have been bought. Now it's just last minute touches!

I also have to finish working on my centerpiece.  I'll add fresh flowers to it at the last moment, but I want to have everything properly arranged.  I'm also hoping to have time to work on my placecards. Lots of last minute holiday prep!






How're your turkey day plans coming along?  Are you all ready??





8 comments:

  1. Those little pilgrim hat cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...I'm so jealous...they look amazing...I don't know if you noticed but there was an award somewhere on my blog for you and everyone else. :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies are just too super cute. I laughed when I saw your reminder about taking the bird out of the freezer because I'm always afraid every year that I will forget and I never have...but worry about it each year, just the same. Have a great Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hats are awesome! I'm going to make those to take my grandmother house for Thanksgiving dinner. I know all the littles will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum-oh!! The daycare kids are going to LOVE those yummy treats!

    So tell me friend, what format did you use to make your header? I LOVE it.

    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these for my nieces and nephews this year. Great minds think alike! But... I was lucky and found marshmallows already dipped in chocolate! Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute Judy! Definately a sweet treat! I was at Pier 1 today!!! Oh my, beautiful things in that store. They had little red, silver and green jingle bells scattered all over one of the dinner tables. What a cute idea. I think I'll keep my eye open for some cheaper bells and do that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thos cookies are just too cute Judy. I can just picture Andrew carrying them into everyone at daycare. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!